So here I am at my regular coffee shop. When I sit down I notice the guy that is always there drinking coffee and working with his laptop (he is a lawyer. I’m going to reserve his name), a person that I meat because it seems that we have the same routine to go to this coffee place after lunch, is as usual there, but this time he was not alone. While I was starting to write I overheard the conversation that these couple was having… not because I was ear dropping, they just sat really close to me.  

When a couple is separating, that I know, they have at least a fight of some kind, maybe out of tone during the conversation, maybe 1 of them gets mad and leave the place. But this was totally new for me, they were talking about the good coffee, what they were seeing outside, about the great weather and then they would switch to “this is not working”, “when should I go and pick up my stuff, when you are not there?”. She was defending her point of view, and he was coming back with “you just don’t get it”. All of this with a calm tone. Canada surprised me, this is a place where people are polite all the time... this was not an exception!!!!

I was so uncomfortable and at the same time intrigued that I could not write anymore. I wanted to stop listening but I was too involved now. As I was there I was thinking: “should I say hi?… no probably not…”
I did not care that my latte was hot as hell; I was drinking it as water because I wanted to get out of there. “Why didn’t I order this to go????”

As I was leaving the place I thought came to my mind: “how come this person, that it is always there for coffee or lunch and work on his laptop, picks this place also to break up?” I mean, shouldn’t this be his getaway, a place to relax for a few minutes before going back to the office? Hmmm I get it; he just want to say something like “this is my favorite place in town. I work, have coffee, eat my favorite sandwich and also it is nice for breakups, this is my favorite place!” hahahaha #colddude, #deadinside, #lawyers, hahahaha.