Translated from the Original "Partida a Destiempo" (in Spanish). by Carlos A.

"And I have no courage to see as you walk away as if nothing happened”… I’m hearing those lyrics of that song as I’m trying to remember stories about you with little success… so many springs have went by and now we are just strangers.

I kept thinking about you a little longer and I imagine you feeling your will fading out between breaths of cold wind.  Did you shiver while you were walking thought this whitened environment, between those who were looking for you while you were among them, unnoticed? I bet you did not dream it like this.

And since there is nothing to do when you see a clock without hands, realizing that the
time has flown by in a yesterday still to forget while the driver is waiting for you, patiently, by the train that you are now to take.

Some asked if you saw it coming, and as a spectator you just shrug while you kept scribbling aimlessly the city you choose to leave behind.

"In this board chess named life we are deceived chessmen believing they own “free will” when they are really moved by others" ... As I picture you writing that phrase in your unpublished little book, I realize that you would never say that and it was just me with my sarcasms finding my way to let you go.

In this nothing turned into night you are able to see that "one" that smiles back at you and wave his goodbyes; that child dressed with adulthood, with a familiar face from those memories of youth that you thought forgotten. And once again you answer back with your contagious laughter giving me this memorable point in time.

As you leave behind those times of elbows on the bar, sharing stories with your friends, you get to this present of seconds called days and weeks turn into years, while breathing an esoteric calm.

Carlos A.

Dedicated to C. 
Nov. 9th, 2012